Posted on May 1, 2008 by Anna W.
Well, the Lawrie Boy is still in 6. Hey, being in one phase is fine, if that means he doesn’t get dropped!!
Here’s a really bad picture of me and my bro and the little guyzo. He was SO dang good. He was probably 12 weeks old here, and going to wrestling tournaments where there was lotsa noise and chaos, but he didn’t care. That’s my boy.
Filed under: Guide Dogs | Tagged: Guide Dogs, Lawrence, phase 6, phase reports | 1 Comment »
Posted on April 24, 2008 by Anna W.
I just just got them…Lawrence is in 6!!!!!! Go buddy!!!! Over half way done with the phases… Here’s the description:
- Guidework routes in difficult and challenging work environments (heavy pedestrian and vehicle traffic areas, wide crossings, hectic atmospheres, etc.)
- Introduction to sidewalkless areas and rounded curbs
- Continued work in malls, stores and buildings, with increasing exposure to varying sights, sounds and smells
- Lessons in advanced guidework skills, such as moving turns
- Introduction to “intelligent disobedience” (dogs learn to refuse to obey a command if it is unsafe to execute)
- Advanced obedience training
Filed under: Guide Dogs | Tagged: Lawrence, phase 6, phase reports | Leave a comment »